Learn to Meditate Private Coaching Program
Private 1-1 Teaching/Coaching Sessions (In-person and/or Online)
If a class setting is not for you. I offer the Simple Easy Every Day (SEED ™) program to an individual or a small group (3 persons). In this 4 week program you will learn the essentials of meditation, misconceptions, benefits, various types of mindfulness and meditation practices.
The program includes:
- Four x 1 hour sessions to fit your schedule
- **Four x 15 minute coaching contacts to support your learning and develop your practice.
- Handouts and Home-practice activities given to develop your practice.
- One-15 minute follow-up contact at 3 months (scheduled before program ends) to help support continued daily practice
- A book is provided to support you with your practice after the program.
- Program Cost: $427.00
**if more than 1 person participating, the cost can be shared however the coaching and follow-up contacts will include all parties, not individual support. Please note 1 book only will be provided.
***this program is Not therapy/counselling. Should clinical therapeutic issues arise during the program, client and teacher will address and determine the best course of care.
Learn to Meditate(General Wellness Class)
Is it time to get serious about learning to meditate? Each of us has our own reason for wanting to learn. It has been shown that meditation can help anyone reduce stress, increase creativity, increase well-being, enhance focus and concentration, improve sleep, reduce pain and so much more. Whether you are seeking mental, physical, spiritual or emotional balance, or want to feel more fulfilled in general, you can learn the benefits of meditation and mindfulness in this 4 week class. This class will introduce you to a variety of meditation practices ideal for any level-whether a beginning meditator, or someone who wants to get back on track with meditation. This class is held Online. Have your own mat, blanket and pillows for comfort available. Appropriate for Ages 18 and older.
Learn to Meditate Simple Easy Every Day (SEED) Meditation.
Cost: $89.00 4 weeks
Location: Online Class on Zoom
Class Dates & Time: Fridays - 5:15pm - 6:30pm
April 8, 15, 22, & 29 (closed) Next available classes
May 6th,13th,(no class 20th), 27th, Jun 3rd
Last Day to Register: April 4th
What is Meditation?
Meditation is a practice in which an individual uses a technique to train their mind, or induce a mode of consciousness, or to activate an emotional state. It can include practices designed to promote relaxation, build internal energy or life force (qi, ki, prana, chi, etc), or develop compassion, love, patience, generosity, and forgiveness. Meditation has been practiced for thousands of years.
There are many different types of meditation, and meditation practices. Some meditations are practiced formally (sitting), while others are practiced while in activity. Some types of meditation include;
Mindfulness, Relaxation Response, Zazen, Insight, Vipassana, Dhyana, Transcendental, Vedic, Tibetan Buddhist, Centering Prayer, Mantra, Trataka, Mandala, Self-Inquiry, Devotional, Energy Awareness, Sufi Dancing, Gratitude, Contemplative and many others.
Benefits of Meditation
Meditation evokes a very deep state of physical rest that helps get rid of stress and enhances healing in the body. There are many evidenced physical, emotional, and psychological benefits to regularly practicing meditation. Here are some proven effects:
- lowered buildup of plaque in coronary arteries
- decreased chronic pain
- reduced stress and fatigue
- lowered blood pressure
- reduced insomnia
- reduced symptoms of PMS and menopause
- decreased muscle tension and headaches
- balanced blood sugar
- increased neuroplasticity
- increased ‘youth hormone’ DHEA
- improved eating and sleeping habits
- increased healing response
- increased energy
- improved sleep
- improved immune system functioning
- Great sense of calmness, inner peace and wellbeing
- Higher levels of self-esteem
- Increased mental clarity, memory, creativity and concentration
- Increased attention span and ability to focus on one thing at a time
- Improved decision making skills
- Increased fluid intelligence (IQ)
- Increased self-awareness and self-acceptance
- Improved academic performance
- Improved job satisfaction, performance, efficiency, and productivity
- Improved emotional and mental engagement
- Increased calmness in the face of difficulties
- Enhanced appreciation of life
- Reduced ADHD and ADD symptoms
- Reduced test and performance anxiety
- Decreased nervousness, fear, and anxiety
- Reduced reactivity to stress
- Decreased depression
- Reduced compulsive behaviour
- Decreased need for addictive substances